Mini pumpkin loaves!
Use leftover batter to make regular sized muffins.
Use pumpkin puree, not pumpkin pie filling.
Add chocolate chips for sweetness and extra richness.
Makes 14 muffins, or 28 mini muffins
Ingredients1 and 3/4 (220g) cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 and 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/2 cup (100g) brown sugar
2 large eggs
1 cup (227 grams) pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie filling)
1/2 cup (120ml) vegetable oil
1/3 cup (80ml) milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 cup chocolate chips, optional
- Preheat oven to 350F / 175C.
- In a large bowl, toss the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg together until combined.
- In a medium bowl, whisk the brown sugar with the eggs until combined. Add the pumpkin, oil, milk and vanilla until combined.
- Pour the wet mixture into the dry one. Using a spatula, stir until just combined (until you don't see anymore white flour bits). Do not overmix.
- Add 1/2 cup chocolate chips into the batter, if using.
- Spoon the batter evenly into prepared muffin tin.
- Bake for 17-18 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack.