These brownies are super fudgy and so sinfully delicious with partially melted chocolate chips!
I used a mix of semi-sweet and bittersweet chocolate chips because I didn't want the brownies to be too sweet.
Melt the butter with the chocolate chips, then whisk in the sugars. Add eggs and vanilla.
Add flour and cocoa powder.
Finally, fold in chocolate chips into the batter for more chocolatey richness.
1/2 cup (1 stick) salted butter
1 cup quality semi-sweet chocolate, chopped or chips (or 1/2 cup semi sweet plus 1/2 cup bittersweet)
3/4 cup granulated sugar
1/4 cup light brown sugar
3 large eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 cup and 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips (or 1/2 cup semi sweet plus 1/2 cup bittersweet)
- Melt the butter and chopped chocolate in a medium saucepan on medium heat, stirring constantly, about 5 minutes. Remove from the heat, pour into a large mixing bowl, and allow to cool for 10 minutes.
- Adjust the oven rack to the lower third position and preheat oven to 350F / 175C degrees. Line the bottom and sides of a 9x9 inch square baking pan with aluminum foil, leaving an overhand on all sides. Set aside.
- Whisk the granulated and brown sugars into the cooled chocolate/butter mixture. Add the eggs, one at a time, whisking until smooth after each addition. Whisk in the vanilla. Gently fold in the flour and cocoa powder. Once combined, fold in the chocolate chips.
- Pour batter into the prepared baking pan and bake for 25-30 minutes or until the brownies begin to pull away from the edges of the pan. A toothpick inserted in the center should come out with only a few moist crumbs when the brownies are done.
- Allow the brownies to cool completely in the pan set on a wire rack. Once cooled, lift the foil out of the pan and cut into squares.