August 16, 2014

Baked Caprese Crostinis

I'm about to board a plane to Barcelona! I'll be gone until the end of the month, but I will still post new recipes and reviews when I have time between Gaudi visits. After Barcelona I will be in France. Be sure to follow @christineatsss on Instagram for daily updates of the amazing food I'll be eating! I will now leave you with this easy yet delicious canape that you can whip up in no time. 




Recipe

Makes 8 crostinis

Ingredients
8 thin baguette slices
1 garlic clove
1 medium ball of mozzarella, cut into 8 slices
8 cherry or grape tomatoes, halved
Torn basil leaves
Kosher salt
Freshly cracked black pepper
Olive oil

Method
  1. Preheat oven to broil. I used my toaster oven!
  2. Cut the garlic in half and rub the cut side lightly on one side of each baguette slice. Drizzle the baguettes with olive oil.
  3. Layer the tomato, mozzarella and basil.
  4. Sprinkle salt and pepper, then drizzle with more olive oil.
  5. Bake for a few minutes until the cheese has melted.





No comments:

Post a Comment