I'm about to board a plane to Barcelona! I'll be gone until the end of the month, but I will still post new recipes and reviews when I have time between Gaudi visits. After Barcelona I will be in France. Be sure to follow @christineatsss on Instagram for daily updates of the amazing food I'll be eating! I will now leave you with this easy yet delicious canape that you can whip up in no time.
Makes 8 crostinis
8 thin baguette slices
1 garlic clove
1 medium ball of mozzarella, cut into 8 slices
8 cherry or grape tomatoes, halved
Torn basil leaves
Freshly cracked black pepper
- Preheat oven to broil. I used my toaster oven!
- Cut the garlic in half and rub the cut side lightly on one side of each baguette slice. Drizzle the baguettes with olive oil.
- Layer the tomato, mozzarella and basil.
- Sprinkle salt and pepper, then drizzle with more olive oil.
- Bake for a few minutes until the cheese has melted.